The National Honor Society Requirements Include “Discipleship”

Zoe Etuke, Editor
January 18, 2011
Filed under Headline News, Uncategorized

The National Honors Society (NHS) is a well-known organization that recognizes outstanding students in high school, while the National Junior Honors Society recognizes students in middle school.

NHS gives scholarship money to selected members every year. To be inducted into NHS, a student in high school not only has to excel academically but also in these other categories: Character, Scholarship, Leadership, and Service.

To meet the requirements for Scholarship, a student must have a GPA of 3.3 or higher by the end of the third marking period of his/her junior year. A student’s discipline record must be looked at to meet the requirement for the Character Category. Calvary Christian School’s Conduct Policy will allow students to fulfill the Character Requirement. CCS offers opportunities to accomplish the requirements in all the other categories.

Every chartered school of the NHS is permitted to add their own distinct category to that particular school’s requirements.  The category that CCS adds is Discipleship. Mr. Dunne stated that the motto of Calvary Christian School is “Education by Discipleship” and that a chapter of the NHS at CCS would be incomplete without adding this key distinctive of our school.   The requirement for this category is that students must be a committed servant to a church ministry. CCS allows students to achieve this requirement by offering several opportunities throughout the school year.

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!